Using Voltage SecureMail
Receiving Secure Email
How do I read a secure message?
To read a secure message:
- Click or tap the message_zdm.html attachment to open it in a browser.
- On the page that displays, click or tap Click to Read Message.
- Perform one of the following:
- If you have an account, verify or enter your email address and password, then click or tap Sign In.
- If you do not have an account, you can enter your information to create one.
After you are logged in, the secure message displays in your browser.
How do I access attachments sent to me?
To open an attachment, tap the attachment or click View or Download next to the attachment name. If the application associated with the attachment is known, the attachment automatically displays in the associated application. If the application is not known, the attachment opens in a new browser window.
What does it mean if the signature is marked valid with a ?
To ensure the authenticity of the sender and data integrity of the message, every secure message is signed by the sender of the message. The means that the signature of the sender associated with the secure message is valid and the message can be trusted.
What does it mean if the signature is marked invalid with a ?
The means that the signature associated with the sender of the message is not valid and the message may have been forged. We recommend that you contact either the sender of the message or technical support.
Sending Secure Email
How do I send a secure email?
If permitted by the company with which you are communicating securely, you can compose and send secure messages.
To send a secure message:
- Open the secure mail web page that you were provided. Or if you are using the Voltage SecureMail Mobile application from a mobile device, tap the application icon to open the app.
- Enter your email address and/or password, then click or tap Sign In.
- After your login information has been authenticated, the Compose New Message page displays. Note: If you are using the SecureMail Mobile app, the Home screen displays. Tap the Compose icon to display the Compose screen.
- Enter the email addresses of the recipients in the To, Cc, or Bcc fields. (Click Show Cc/Bcc, if necessary.) Note: Email addresses can be separated by commas, semi-colons or blank spaces.
- Enter the subject of the message.
- Enter the text of the message.
- Click Send Secure to send your message.
How do I add or remove an attachment to the secure email?
If permitted by the company with which you are communicating securely, you can add an attachment to your email. You can send many types of files as attachments, including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, audio files, image files, web pages saved as HTML files, and more.
To add attachments to a secure message:
- Click Browse next to the Attach field and select a file.
The selected file is uploaded.
To remove an attachment to your secure message:
- Click Remove next to the attachment you do not wish to include.
How do I receive a copy of the secure message that I composed?
You might be required by the company with which you are communicating securely to receive a copy of any secure messages you send. Or you might be permitted to choose whether or not to receive a copy of the secure messages that you send. If you are permitted to choose, click or tap Copy Me to receive a copy. When you send the secure message, a copy of the message is also sent to your email account. The Copy Me check box is only available if the administrator of the company with which you are communicating securely has enabled it. If you do not see this check box, you cannot choose whether to receive a copy.
Using Message Receipts
How do I know that the recipients were able to decrypt the secure message?
You can request that a receipt message is sent to your email address when each recipient decrypts a secure message you send. To receive message receipts, click or tap Request Receipt. If you do not wish to receive a receipt email when the message is decrypted, click to clear the Remove Receipt check box. The Request Receipt check box is only available if the administrator of the company with which you are communicating securely has enabled it. If you do not see this check box, you cannot request a receipt.
Email Encryption Provided by Voltage SecureMail. Learn Moreabout secure email and identity based encryption